When it comes to a pet’s health, prevention is much better than cure. The effects of many diseases and injuries are preventable and can be managed better if identified, treated and managed early on by a Veterinarian. Including ailments like hip and elbow dysplasia and other form of joint disease.
Why is it that we don’t promote more to our Clients the need for them to think proactively as a pet owner and invest in preventative options for their pet particularly with Joint Disease? Here are some trends which support the need for Veterinary Clinics to start to think more about prevention and suite of dietary supplements as part of their role with the Pet Owners:
• The Australian trend for Pet Owners buying dietary supplements is now the highest growing pet product. In 2015 it was worth $46 Million, then in 2016 the market was valued at $51 Million and is now forecast to grow to $67 Million by 2020.
• Pet owners are becoming increasingly educated on pet health and are seeing dietary supplements as a viable solution for safe guarding their pets health, we need to embrace this desire and be proactive in engaging with them on options.
• Pets are living longer and subsequently developing more age related problems. People are taking clues from their own ways of staying healthier and applying to their pets.
The most common question asked of a Veterinarian by their clients is “What is the Best Joint Product For Me to Use?”.
Veterinarians have not always liked answering this because there are so many options available but honestly don’t have the time to truly evaluate the actual data behind the products. The biggest criticism within the Veterinary profession of joint related products has been:
• Lack of scientific validation behind the products and their claims
• Issues associated with product administration (site reactions, withholding periods, etc)
• Ease and cost per dose of administration.
Joint disease/arthritis is degenerative and is a slowly progressing disease often occurring in a pet long before they show physical signs. Pet Owners as they become more educated are looking for options and when not presented with an option by their considered expert (the Veterinarian) often turn to invalidated options. However there is now a genuine option for use as a preventative and treatment in pets with joint health concerns – 4CYTE.
4CYTE is a powerful new generation approach scientifically developed to address the clinical signs of joint health and modify the process by reversing and repairing the pathological process that is occurring in the diseased joint. 4CYTE contains the new active Epiitalis – patented for its ability to proliferate chondrocyte cells in an inflamed environment and anti-inflammatory properties. 4CYTE has demonstrated safety and efficacy through 12 years of clinical and research and studies.
“We have been using 4CYTE Canine now for almost 2 years with excellent results and one of the biggest areas of use and its recommendation is as a preventative treatment option for degenerative joint disease, particularly in very active dog breeds, working dogs and large breeds. At our clinic, we promote to our clients that prevention is better than cure and we have utilized 4CYTE and its disease modifying capabilities to that effect.
We are pleased to see 4CYTE has quality research validating its capabilities which has given our team and our client’s confidence that the product they are using in their pets is providing genuine benefit. 4CYTE is also a simple cost effective application that our team of vets and our clients have been extremely pleased with.
We recommend 4CYTE as both a preventative and also treatment in cases where physical symptoms are evident and post-surgical cases such as cruciate surgery.
Why wait for pain and discomfort in a clients pet before acting, talk to your clients about what they can be doing which may include the use of 4CYTE.” Dr Rob Page – Eureka Veterinary Hospital